皮尔森学院院长戴维斯18日发送电邮给该住宿学院学员,由于他发现朱琼恩发表了无数则“应受谴责的贴文”,而不是他之前以为的仅有两则,已要求朱琼恩休假。

朱琼恩在Yelp网站评论一家当地日本餐厅时写道:“你若是白种垃圾 ,这个餐厅会是你用餐的最佳选择”。

戴维斯说,这番言论和朱琼恩形容电影院员工是“没受过太多教育的笨蛋”,“严重损害社区的凝聚力”。

收藏收藏 分享分享
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2017-5-18 15:34:40 | 只看该作者
Yale Dean Apologizes After Calling People ‘White Trash’ and ‘Uneducated Morons’ in Yelp Reviews

Yale University

Yale Dean June Chu was forced to apologize after she called people “white trash” and “uneducated morons” in a series of Yelp reviews of restaurants and businesses in the New Haven, Connecticut, area.
Her reviews were called “offensive” and “elitist.” Dean June Chu of Yale’s Pierson College used the terms “white trash,” “low class folks,” and “uneducated morons” to describe employees and patrons of local establishments in series of Yelp reviews, which were spread around the Ivy League university’s community last week.

‘To put it quite simply: If you are white trash, this is the perfect night out for you!’ Chu wrote in a review of Koto, a Japanese restaurant in West Lebanon, New Hampshire.
‘This establishment is definitely not authentic by any stretch of the imagination and perfect for low-class folks who believe this is a real night out,” she added. Despite being Chinese, Chu condemned the Japanese restaurant for having Chinese employees.
Condemning a New Haven cinema, Chu wrote that it was a place for ‘barely educated morons trying to manage snack orders for the obese and also try to add $7 plus $7.’
“I am concerned about the shadow that my actions have thrown on my efforts to create an environment in Pierson that respects everyone, and I am especially concerned that it could prevent anyone from coming to me for the support that I offer to all Pierson students,” Chu wrote in an apology statement. “I see that I now have work to do to repair the trust you have all shown me.”
Although some have expressed concerns that backlash against Chu is a result of the excesses of political correctness, others argue that Chu should be held to the same politically correct standards that many Yale professors expect of their community members.
Yale University has no plans to formally discipline Chu.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|消息树

GMT-8, 2024-4-19 16:41 , Processed in 0.040301 second(s), 14 queries .